Farmers Branch AC Services
Providing Cooling Repair in the Dallas Area
Summers the Farmers Branch area can be brutal. That’s why a home with reliable air conditioning is on the top of many buyer’s shopping lists. When your AC unit stops working, life can quickly become a sweaty mess. Instead of suffering through the heat, give Air Patrol Air Conditioning a call instead. Whether you end up needing a simple repair or a full AC replacement, we’re here for you.
A Non-Technical Explanation of How Air Conditioning Works
Despite of common belief AC system actually removes heat from premise rather than producing cold air
- Freon Gas enters the compressor at the outdoor unit.
- Compressor pumps and compress the freon and in the process makes it cold.
- Cold Freon enters the Evaporator coil inside of the house and flows through it make the entire coil surface cold .
- Indoor fan of the furnace or Air handler comes on passes the air of the house cross the evaporator coil and that’s how air gets cold.
- The heat energy that was removed for the air will get dumped outside by freon through the refrigeration process
How to Tell When It’s Time to Call an AC Expert
Sometimes—for various reasons—this process stops or sputters. Unfortunately, unless it’s a full-on breakdown, most homeowners don’t know when it’s time to call a Farmers Branch-area HVAC contractor. Here’s a shortlist of circumstances where you should:
- The unit hums but refuses to turn on
- You can’t trigger the AC on from the thermostat
- You hear strange noises or feel vibrations
- You see water pooling around your air conditioner
- The fan runs but the heat coming out is still hot
- The unit abruptly ceases operation
If you do notice any of the above problems, don’t panic. We can help! Contact us at (214) 261-0034 to schedule an appointment for AC service.
The Most Common Causes of AC Failure
You might be wondering why your air conditioner failed. Maybe it’s only a few years old. Or, perhaps you just had a tune-up done on it a couple of weeks ago. After years of experience in HVAC industry, we’ve found the following are the most common reasons for failure:
- Faulty Electrical Components
- Refrigerant Leaks
- Frozen Coils
- Damaged Fan Blades
- Bad Compressors
- Faulty Thermostats
- Skipped Maintenance Visits
- Dirty air filter
Our List of Farmers Branch-Area AC Services
AC RepairKeeping your home cool over the summer months is important. A home that’s hot and humid can make life uncomfortable. Put a stop to the discomfort and let a licensed HVAC contractor handle your AC repair in the Carrollton area. Our dedication to customer happiness and satisfaction makes working with us an easy decision.
AC InstallationOn top of AC repair and maintenance, we also offer air conditioner installation services. After conducting analysis on your home’s HVAC needs, we’ll present options that suit your home’s size and cooling demands. Then, you can pick the energy-efficient air conditioning unit that’s right for you and your budget. If you need electrical ran, we can help make recommendations.
AC ReplacementHomes can last for centuries if properly maintained. The same cannot be said of air conditioners. After about 10 or 15 years of service, yours will likely start to break down. While you can repair it at first, there’ll come a time when it’s no longer economical to do so.When that happens, the HVAC professionals at Air Patrol Air Conditioning are here to help you find a suitable, more energy-efficient replacement.
AC MaintenanceA lack of maintenance is the number one cause of early HVAC equipment failure. To learn more about what we do during a maintenance visit, check out our associated service page. If you don’t need any more convincing, give us a call to schedule your AC tune-up in Farmers Branch and help your equipment go the distance.
Air Conditioning FAQs
- How Much Will My AC Service Cost? The cost of your air conditioner repair or installation depends wholly on the layout of your home and the circumstances involved. For that reason, we cannot provide quotes over the phone.
- How Long Does the Typical AC Unit Last? While the lifespan of a new AC unit varies depending on make and model, most will last between 10 and 15 years. Some systems can make it well over 20 years if properly maintained. A lot of this, however, depends on how much you use your system.
- Is there Anything I should Check before Calling You? Before giving us a call at (214) 261-0034, go through the basics. Make sure you don’t have a dead thermostat or a tripped breaker. Then, put in a new air filter and make sure you have the system set to Cool. If none of these things are to blame, reach out to us for an AC diagnosis check.
- What is SEER? You might hear our HVAC technician use this acronym and not know what they mean. Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating Standard (SEER), is a guideline used to represent the energy efficiency of a system. The Higher SEER number is the less energy the system consume
- My AC Bills Are High. Is There Anything I Can Do? Aside from replacing your system with a more efficient one, you can try buying blackout curtains, replacing old insulation, and sealing windows. Installing a whole-house or ceiling fan can also help reduce sticker shock.
- Should I Cover My Unit in the Winter? If you want to avoid leaves and debris inside your AC unit, you can purchase a cover through your brand’s dealer. This is not necessary if you have a heat pump, however.
- Why Won’t You Just Refill My Freon? Though your AC unit might work if we just refilled your coolant, that’s a band-aid fix for a much larger problem. Because air conditioners are closed systems, any loss in refrigerant means you have a leak. With many older systems using environmentally hazardous substances like R22 which is now banned in new units and only available via reclamation—getting these refills can end up being more expensive than buying a new air conditioner that uses safer, lower-cost refrigerants.
Trust Us to Fix Any AC Problem in the Farmers Branch Area
When you need AC service in Farmers Branch, Carrollton, or Dallas. Air Patrol Air Conditioning is the company to trust. We service all models and makes of air conditioning equipment including Trane, Carrier, and Goodman. We also promise to treat every customer with the respect and autonomy they deserve. Please reach out to us by phone or form to schedule your AC repair or installation today!